Open Farm Sunday is a national event where about 400 farms open their gates to show, share and explain what farming is all about.
One the day there will be the opportunity to meet some of project leader from some of the research programs. There will be many other exhibits supported by businesses that we work with throughout the year.
- Where does wheat go when it leaves the farm.
- How is soil tested for nutrients and pH.
- Why and how we use pesticides.
- How and why tractors drive themselves.
- Potential careers in agriculture for the old and young.
- Live sheep shearing.
- meet a local dairy farmer.
- Self guided walk.
- and more to be announced
Two identical tractors will be on display can you spot the difference
and of course an informative tractor and trailer ride around the fields.
NOTE many other Open Farms are on 5th June the week before the event at Morley. For further info on other OFS events please visit Open Farm Sunday